At GO Where Meetings Matter we believe whenever people meet there is an opportunity to change the world and a recent survey of senior executives in mid-sized to large companies by the Meetings Mean Business (MMB) coalition shows that C-suite executives believe meetings can improve their businesses.
“The survey looks at how face-to-face meetings help drive top-line growth and bottom-line results for the business community,” said Richard Harper, c-chair of MMB and executive vice president at HelmsBriscoe. “The results show that face-to-face continues to be a platform that provides value to the business community.”
The executives reported that in-person meetings are beneficial to several aspects of business operations, including the ability to close deals, engage a team and develop professionally. “Business executives clearly understand the value of bringing people together in-person to achieve positive outcomes whether it’s for adding value to the bottom line, engaging their employees or growing their own careers,” said Michael Dominguez, senior vice president and chief sales officer for MGM Resorts International and co-chair of MMB.
Some key findings include:
- Ninety-seven percent of executives say that meetings deliver a positive return on investment. A majority (53%) say they deliver a great return.
- Four in five believe they have attended an in-person meeting, conference or event that would not have yielded the same success as one conducted via video or telephone conference.
- The vast majority of executives believe participation in face-to-face client meetings (95%), continuing education and training (93%), and industry conferences (86%) are important when measuring professional development.
- Nearly all of those interviewed (99%) believe that in-person meetings have helped them succeed in their career.
- Ninety-two percent plan to invest as much if not more this year in face-to-face meetings, conferences, and other events as they did last year.
You can see all the results of the survey here.
Meetings can change the world and your business if you set them up to support your objectives. Stop by for a tour and let’s talk about your next meeting / event that could move your career and business forward.